You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac suddently stopped sending emails. Any ideas?

My iMac suddenly stopped sending emails. I can send emails on my iPad and I haven't recently amended any server details

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 1, 2019 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 1, 2019 1:06 PM

As you did not advise what version of Mac OS you are using I am going to point you to https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/if-you-cant-send-emails-mlhlp1129/mac to troubleshoot the issue. At the top, select the version of Mac OS installed on your Mac.

2 replies

May 7, 2019 12:02 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for your reply and my apologies for the delay in getting back. I tried several self-help solutions including the one that you recommended. I spoke to my email service provider but they were of limited help and advised that I talk to Apple Help. This I did using their 0800 number and after several attempts using different approaches I was advised to wipe my hard drive and back up from a period immediately before my problem started. This seemed extreme to me but they are the experts! In the event my email service is back to normal but I still have no idea why I could not send emails. Not sure that there is a lesson here for anyone else, but I share it anyway.

My iMac suddently stopped sending emails. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.