You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App stuck in waiting

Have had Matchington Mansion game for quite awhile now but since their update on April 29th, the game app is 'shaded' out on my iPad and says, 'waiting.' It does not respond to tapping, pressing and holding or anything. I really don't want to delete it because I will lose my progress in the game and; unfortunately, there is no 'sign-in' on this game so it won't recognize my progress when I reinstall it. I have gone online and tried resetting iPad, signing out of Apple and back in, making sure I have enough space on iPad and nothing seems to work. This has been this way for about 3 days now. Please, please help!

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 3, 2019 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2019 7:47 AM

Turn WiFi off on your iPad, force restart the iPad, turn WiFi on again and then see if the app will resume downloading. This is how to force restart.

• On an iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.

According to Apple, you can offload an app on the iPad and still keep the data. Settings>General>iPad Storage. Let the list of apps load. Find the app, tap on it. In the next screen tap Offload App. That will delete the app but keep the data on the iPad.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2019 7:47 AM in response to CamDuane56

Turn WiFi off on your iPad, force restart the iPad, turn WiFi on again and then see if the app will resume downloading. This is how to force restart.

• On an iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.

According to Apple, you can offload an app on the iPad and still keep the data. Settings>General>iPad Storage. Let the list of apps load. Find the app, tap on it. In the next screen tap Offload App. That will delete the app but keep the data on the iPad.

App stuck in waiting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.