You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swipe gesture won't work . iPhone X

iphone won't respond to swipe. I can't close apps. I can't turn the phone off. I can't barley scroll through anything. Only thing it responds well to is swiping up to view all open apps, but other than that I can't do anything else really. Attempted reset but it will try to SOS if I don't swipe.

how do I fix this issue ??

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 7:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 7:13 AM

To turn off your iPhone, you can go to Settings>General then go down to the bottom last option

Then turn it back on and test it.

Try also a forced restart of your iPX. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the Side button, wait for your iphone to restart, then test it.

If the above instructions are not useful, it could be a touch screen problem. Have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 8, 2019 7:13 AM in response to Sil07

To turn off your iPhone, you can go to Settings>General then go down to the bottom last option

Then turn it back on and test it.

Try also a forced restart of your iPX. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo. When it appears, release the Side button, wait for your iphone to restart, then test it.

If the above instructions are not useful, it could be a touch screen problem. Have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP: Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

Swipe gesture won't work . iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.