You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add apps for Face ID on IPad Pro

I want to add apps to my Face ID on my new IPad Pro. There is no option to add apps

iPad Pro, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2019 6:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 6:55 AM

Not sure I understand your question? Are you saying you want to be able to download apps simply using your face with FaceID? With iPad Pro's with FaceID, you HAVE to use the double tap the power button to approve downloading an App. This is by design to protect you, so you are required to validate you really want to download/purchase an app. This isn't something you can bypass.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2019 6:55 AM in response to imscher

Not sure I understand your question? Are you saying you want to be able to download apps simply using your face with FaceID? With iPad Pro's with FaceID, you HAVE to use the double tap the power button to approve downloading an App. This is by design to protect you, so you are required to validate you really want to download/purchase an app. This isn't something you can bypass.

Add apps for Face ID on IPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.