You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp disk not bootable

I was trying to non-destructively expand my bootcamp partition. I began by shrinking my macOS partition using Disk Utility. This automatically created a partition in the remaining space called "Untitled."

When I rebooted after that (holding Option), the Bootcamp partition no longer appears as it used to. I tried resetting NVRAM, which resulted in no change.

In Disk Utility, when I select "get info" on the Bootcamp partition, under "Bootable" it says "no." I have also since deleted the Untitled partition and given the space back to my macOS partition.

How can I boot back into Windows? Continue trying to expand the partition? Please help.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 11, 2019 6:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 8:30 PM

The extra partition creation causes problems with the MBR on used on 2012 and older Macs. If you can see the files, that is good sign.

Can you install GPT Fdisk? Your situation is similar to windows 7 wont statrt - Apple Community.

5 replies

May 11, 2019 8:19 PM in response to Loner T

It’s a MacBook Pro 13 inch, Mid 2012 running macOS Mojave and Windows 10. Both are fairly up to date but I can post exact version numbers later if you need them.

Yes, I can see the Windows files.

Something to add, I tried to select the Bootcamp disk as default and reboot through System Preferences > Select Boot Disk. On reboot, I see “no bootable disk found — insert disk and press any key”.

Bootcamp disk not bootable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.