You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing and Copying From CD's to iTunes Library

Hi all

I've been struggling recently when syncing CD's to my iTunes Library. Firstly, I have a SSD that's almost full (from here on 'OS:' and I have a Hard Drive with lots of space (D:).

When I installed iTunes, it was saved in my OS, however, when the OS reached its full volume I moved iTunes as well as all the music to my D: drive. This worked till I started syncing more CD's, because every time I add a new CD, iTunes automatically creates a new iTunes folder in the OS where it copies the CD to.

I've tried to find a setting that let's me choose where new music should be saved but I couldn't find such a setting. Anyone know what I can do to automatically save new music to the D drive without manually moving it every time?

Thanks

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 14, 2019 3:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 3:58 PM

Hi theunis1999,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're finding that CDs are being imported to your internal drive rather than your preferred external drive.

You should be able to correct this by clicking Edit > Preferences > Advanced. Then, click "Change" next to the "iTunes Media folder location" box and you should be able to select the preferred drive: Change where your iTunes files are stored on PC. Once you've set this, CDs that you import in the future will be stored there.

Hopefully this helps to answer your question!

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2019 3:58 PM in response to theunis1999

Hi theunis1999,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're finding that CDs are being imported to your internal drive rather than your preferred external drive.

You should be able to correct this by clicking Edit > Preferences > Advanced. Then, click "Change" next to the "iTunes Media folder location" box and you should be able to select the preferred drive: Change where your iTunes files are stored on PC. Once you've set this, CDs that you import in the future will be stored there.

Hopefully this helps to answer your question!

Cheers.

Syncing and Copying From CD's to iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.