You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print from mac

I can't seem to print from my Mac. If I go to file and press print all I get is an error sound. I never had this issue before. I'm reading it might have something to do with an update. I need this fixed!

Posted on May 14, 2019 9:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 11:18 AM

Please read If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support.

6 replies

May 14, 2019 10:09 AM in response to jbee807

Maybe I can get you started. Yes, you might need an update for your OS. Check under about this mac then software update. I don't know exactly what kind (make) of printer you have, so can only give you general suggestions. If you go to system preferences, then printers, where you see the printer in the little window, if you hold down the option key and click on the plus sign there, it should say reset printing system. Try that. Depending on your printer it too may need update, there should be a little menu screen on it , then settings, then look for something that says update. Usually the wifi has to be on, on the printer, Finally you can try to do a hard reset on the printer. Remove its power cord, wait about a minute, then plug it in again. We are only users here, jbee807, same as you, Apple does not look here or reply here. If you would like us to help you better, please give us the model and year of your macbook pro, eg macbook pro, from 2012, etc and the os installed on it

thanks

John b

May 14, 2019 7:37 PM in response to jbee807

Contact the manufacturer of the printer, and see if they are aware of any bugs going on. If it’s an update issue, perhaps they have word on it and can fix it. I’d try chatting with them, or just go to a Contact Us link, full something out, and expect a reply eMail. If you don’t receive a reply, it might be seen as spam. So, check your spam folder. Chatting might be an option, though if support for this printer has diminished.

Can't print from mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.