You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

get mp3 audio disc into itunes

Over the years I have used CD audiobooks that easily load into iTunes and easy synch to my iPod. Most books now come in MP3 Audio format. I cannot (and I've tried all day, including calling Apple) figure out how to load MP3 audio into iTunes. The MP3 opens up in an iTunes looking audiobook list (like songs), but I cannot get those tracks into iTunes. Much, much thanks

iPod, iOS 12

Posted on May 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 3:38 PM

Open the CD in Windows Explorer. Copy the files to a folder on your computer. Select the files, right-click, and select properties. Uncheck the read-only flag. Now move the files into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside the iTunes Media folder to add them to the library. See Audiobooks on iPods for more on making the imports work as an audiobook.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2019 3:38 PM in response to labaum

Open the CD in Windows Explorer. Copy the files to a folder on your computer. Select the files, right-click, and select properties. Uncheck the read-only flag. Now move the files into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside the iTunes Media folder to add them to the library. See Audiobooks on iPods for more on making the imports work as an audiobook.

tt2

get mp3 audio disc into itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.