You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch battery life and watch face setting issue After Watch OS5.2

First Issue - Battery

:After updated my Apple Watch series 4 to OS5.2 and OS5.2.1. The battery life reduce from around 18 hour per day to 12 hour per day. All the setting remain the same as previous. Please advise what is the issue. FYI, I am living in SG.

Second- watch face

: After updated my Apple Watch series 4 to OS5.2 and OS5.2.2. I am unable to change the watch face setting. Normally we will use to force abit on the screen and we can change the watch face setting however it is unable to do it now.

FYI, I still able to swap the screen for different watch face but I am unable to change any setting in the particular watch face.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 19, 2019 9:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 4:41 AM

With battery draining faster than normal, from what I understand this can be normal after the first day or two of updating the Watch or iPhone. The system needs to re-index items and can be processing in the background and using battery.

After 2 days, if you're finding the battery life is still a significantly lower than it was on the previous Watch OS version you can contact support and let them know.

Have the bluetooth turned on, on the paired iPhone as having it turned off increases the battery drain on the Watch

- View Watch usage from the Watch App on iPhone > General > Usage

You can try force restarting the Watch or unpairing and pairing the Watch to see if it improves or remains the same.

Watch faces

• Does it let you change the complications of the Watch face from within the app itself?
  • Which Watch face are you having trouble with? or all Watch faces?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2019 4:41 AM in response to xiujiang

With battery draining faster than normal, from what I understand this can be normal after the first day or two of updating the Watch or iPhone. The system needs to re-index items and can be processing in the background and using battery.

After 2 days, if you're finding the battery life is still a significantly lower than it was on the previous Watch OS version you can contact support and let them know.

Have the bluetooth turned on, on the paired iPhone as having it turned off increases the battery drain on the Watch

- View Watch usage from the Watch App on iPhone > General > Usage

You can try force restarting the Watch or unpairing and pairing the Watch to see if it improves or remains the same.

Watch faces

• Does it let you change the complications of the Watch face from within the app itself?
  • Which Watch face are you having trouble with? or all Watch faces?

Apple Watch battery life and watch face setting issue After Watch OS5.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.