You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I post .gifs into my ebook document using Pages?

I am creating an e-book for an assessment and I would like to have a gif in it. Is there any way I can insert an existing gif that is found on a website (e.g. giphy) into my document successfully?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2019 9:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 4:19 AM

I can confirm that Pages 8.0 does support the exportation of animated .gifs to ePub documents. But…

Although once an animated GIF is dropped in Pages 8.0, and the side panel provides a Movie tab where you can set Repeat to None — once exported to ePub, the animated GIF plays continuously anyway, which in most cases, would be extremely distracting to the person reading the ePub in the Apple Books application. No controls are available to disable the animation within the ePub either.

Think I will submit a bug report to the Pages product team on this.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2019 4:19 AM in response to krysfromsydney

I can confirm that Pages 8.0 does support the exportation of animated .gifs to ePub documents. But…

Although once an animated GIF is dropped in Pages 8.0, and the side panel provides a Movie tab where you can set Repeat to None — once exported to ePub, the animated GIF plays continuously anyway, which in most cases, would be extremely distracting to the person reading the ePub in the Apple Books application. No controls are available to disable the animation within the ePub either.

Think I will submit a bug report to the Pages product team on this.

How do I post .gifs into my ebook document using Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.