You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage plan email

Hi!

Two questions

1. Yesterday I received an email from you requesting my updating to my payment info for an increase to my storage plan. Just wanted to verify it was you and not a hacker.

2.Also, would it be possible to use the existing money n my account to cover this? I uploaded an iTunes card a while ago.

Posted on May 23, 2019 8:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 8:36 AM

This might be suspicious, though less so if you have actually purchased increased storage. Real emails from Apple will always address you by name, not 'Dear customer' or your email address, and will always come from the apple.com domain (though this can be forged). if the message provides a link to update your payment do not follow it. If you need to update your payment method go directly to your account in iTunes.

If you have purchased increased storage and you have sufficient credit from gift cards there shouldn't be a problem, though as it's a recurring charge Apple might require you to have a credit card on file, even though credit from the gift card would be used first.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 23, 2019 8:36 AM in response to bikersharen

This might be suspicious, though less so if you have actually purchased increased storage. Real emails from Apple will always address you by name, not 'Dear customer' or your email address, and will always come from the apple.com domain (though this can be forged). if the message provides a link to update your payment do not follow it. If you need to update your payment method go directly to your account in iTunes.

If you have purchased increased storage and you have sufficient credit from gift cards there shouldn't be a problem, though as it's a recurring charge Apple might require you to have a credit card on file, even though credit from the gift card would be used first.

Storage plan email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.