You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing watch/phone

I got a new iPhone; I do not have access to the old phone.

I’m trying to pair my watch. iPhone does not recognize that I’m paired with a watch and prompts to begin pairing but nothing is happening/accessible on the phone.

I can’t reset on the watch because it’s prompting me to unpair.

All the instructions and tutorials I’ve found tell me to reset the watch, but I can’t and they tell me to unpair from the phone, but there’s nothing to unpair.

Help!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4

Posted on May 23, 2019 7:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 12:09 AM

Use the second procedure in If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support to erase your watch so it can be paired again with your new phone.

5 replies

May 31, 2019 10:18 AM in response to zooreturns

Are you saying there is absolutely no change on the screen when you press and hold the side button, and you don't get anything like the pictures (for the second procedure working from the watch) in the doc I linked? Note that you MUST have charger power for the Erase option to appear, but you should at least see the power-off slider even without a charger.

First, try a forced reset. Simply press and hold the Digital Crown and Side Button (together, at least 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears then release the buttons and let the watch reboot. See if it is any different after the restart.

If the forced reset doesn't make any progress it sounds more like a hardware failure, you need help direct from Apple's support techs. Use link Contact Support

May 31, 2019 11:11 AM in response to Branta_uk

when the power off button comes up, it shows the power off slider and then emergency SOS. When I press the power off button, it dips in, but nothing else happens.

My watch is charged, but not ON a charger. Are you saying it needs to be sitting on the charger?

Here's a video :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugqng5m9ln5i5a8/Video%20May%2031%2C%201%2049%2017%20PM.mov?dl=0

Pairing watch/phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.