You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see what album (if any) a Photo is in

I'm in the Photos app, clicked on "Photos" in the sidebar under "library," and then "showing all items." From there -- which is the display of all the photos I have -- I was looking for an easy way to tell if each individual photo is already in one of my Albums, if any. I thought this was showing before I but I can't sem to get it back. I have over 10,000 items that I want to make sure are put into albums and I don't want to waste time moving photos into Albums if they're alrterady there.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 25, 2019 11:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2019 12:53 PM

You can use this AppleScript to do that: How to find out the albums a photo is in: Jacques Rioux's Script, version 2019.

The script compiled as an application can be downloaded from this tutorial site:  P01 - Applescripts from Photos’ User Tips Compiled as Applications

2 replies

How to see what album (if any) a Photo is in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.