You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave download probelms

I Work offshore on a oil rig, out internet is expensive slow and unstable, every time i attempt to download OS Mojave i get to around the 5GB (its a 6GB download) mark it stops and when i hit download again, guess what it starts again!!!! Where did the 5GB of Data disappear to, safari manages to pick up where it left off and so does a simple PTP program like Utorrent. Why cant Apple make the appstore work so that it will complete my download if the internet drops out?

Anyway, does anybody have a solution to this problem? is there another way i can download Mojave that doesn't use App store?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 25, 2019 10:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2019 12:47 AM

I know oil rigs are up 24 hours a day but is there any time that you think that the demand for internet is lower, that might be the best time to try and download Mojave. If you are downloading via WiFi, are you able to connect your Mac via cable to the router, this will provide a quicker and more stable connection.

Here is a link to an app that will help you download, Mojave, http://dosdude1.com/mojave/ when the page has opened scroll down to things you'll need, click on direct to download the app. Once downloaded double click to open the .dmg, now click on the app. Click on Tools in the menubar and select Download macOS Mojave. This now connects to the Apple servers, but if the download is interrupted you can click to resume from where you left off. The rest of the instructions do not need to be followed, just download Mojave and quit the app, then double click on Install macOS Mojave.app when you are ready to start the installation.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2019 12:47 AM in response to GoldingDean

I know oil rigs are up 24 hours a day but is there any time that you think that the demand for internet is lower, that might be the best time to try and download Mojave. If you are downloading via WiFi, are you able to connect your Mac via cable to the router, this will provide a quicker and more stable connection.

Here is a link to an app that will help you download, Mojave, http://dosdude1.com/mojave/ when the page has opened scroll down to things you'll need, click on direct to download the app. Once downloaded double click to open the .dmg, now click on the app. Click on Tools in the menubar and select Download macOS Mojave. This now connects to the Apple servers, but if the download is interrupted you can click to resume from where you left off. The rest of the instructions do not need to be followed, just download Mojave and quit the app, then double click on Install macOS Mojave.app when you are ready to start the installation.

Mojave download probelms

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.