You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is safari auto generated passwords saved?

where is safari auto generated passwords saved? and how safe are these passwords. can it be used for online bank account?. can I have access to these password if I log into my Apple ID on another Mac?

Posted on May 27, 2019 5:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2019 7:57 AM

They're saved with all the other passwords saved in Safari. On Mac, they are in Safari menu (top-left of screen, next to apple logo) > Preferences > Passwords > enter your mac passwords to access

and how safe are these passwords. can it be used for online bank account?

These are just randomly generated passwords that are very long and complex. Pratically speaking, they're probably more safe to use than a password you create on your own - definitley safe for use with your bank.

can I have access to these password if I log into my Apple ID on another Mac?

Yup. You'll need to enable iCloud Keychain on both devices and they will stay in sync with each other (though it sounds like you might already have it enabled.)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2019 7:57 AM in response to Mawunyoeclipse

They're saved with all the other passwords saved in Safari. On Mac, they are in Safari menu (top-left of screen, next to apple logo) > Preferences > Passwords > enter your mac passwords to access

and how safe are these passwords. can it be used for online bank account?

These are just randomly generated passwords that are very long and complex. Pratically speaking, they're probably more safe to use than a password you create on your own - definitley safe for use with your bank.

can I have access to these password if I log into my Apple ID on another Mac?

Yup. You'll need to enable iCloud Keychain on both devices and they will stay in sync with each other (though it sounds like you might already have it enabled.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.