You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A button on the homescreen for emergency call ??

Is it possible to put an Ikon on the homescreen that will call a specific telephone number ??

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 3:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 4:17 PM

Hello henningfromhaderslev,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about setting up an icon that will call a specific number.

You should be able to do this using the Shortcuts app, which can be downloaded from the App Store. I have two resources that should help get you started with Shortcuts:

Use the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad

Shortcuts User Guide

Once you've created the shortcut, you can then use the "Add to Home Screen" option to create an icon for your Home screen.

I hope I've answered your question. Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2019 4:17 PM in response to henningfromhaderslev

Hello henningfromhaderslev,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about setting up an icon that will call a specific number.

You should be able to do this using the Shortcuts app, which can be downloaded from the App Store. I have two resources that should help get you started with Shortcuts:

Use the Shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad

Shortcuts User Guide

Once you've created the shortcut, you can then use the "Add to Home Screen" option to create an icon for your Home screen.

I hope I've answered your question. Take care.

A button on the homescreen for emergency call ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.