You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hinge marks on MacBook Pro 2017

Hi,

I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 2017 with Touch Bar, after using it for a couple of month I noticed there is some sort of wear/marking under the case, where the screen hinges are similar to the issue faced by another user in this post: hinge marks on MacBook Pro 13" 2017 after… - Apple Community

Is there a repair for this? I feel very disappointed spending that much money on a device that's showing clear deterioration after such a quick time after very light use.

Attached are some pictures of the wear.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 3, 2019 8:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 7:27 PM

You should make an appointment with Apple to allow them to examine the laptop. I've never noticed those marks on any of the laptops I've worked with. Unfortunately I cannot tell enough from the photos what is going on, but it does look odd.

Similar questions

1 reply

Hinge marks on MacBook Pro 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.