You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware

I accidentally downloaded a fake adobe flash player. I now have Mac cleaner Pro downloaded, and safari is being redirected to the bing sear engine. I don't know what to do. I have included screen shots of the my files. I also don't have any extensions downloaded. Thank you!

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 9:48 AM

You're welcome. FWIW Adobe Flash Player is rarely needed anymore. Most websites now use HTML 5 which obviates the need for Flash. If you do need to download Flash only download it from the Official Adobe Website. If you have Flash and need to update again ue only Official Adobe Website or do it via System Preferences > Flash Player > Check for updates.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2019 9:48 AM in response to sasha_007

You're welcome. FWIW Adobe Flash Player is rarely needed anymore. Most websites now use HTML 5 which obviates the need for Flash. If you do need to download Flash only download it from the Official Adobe Website. If you have Flash and need to update again ue only Official Adobe Website or do it via System Preferences > Flash Player > Check for updates.

Malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.