You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share all photos

Itunes 12.9.5.5 won't allow me to select my entire Photo Library for home sharing, so I can't view on my old Apple TV. My iMac is running Mojave 10.14.5. This is not a problem with my old iMac (El capitan 10.11'5 with iTunes 10.11.6

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 4, 2019 2:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
7 replies

Jun 4, 2019 9:21 PM in response to askbarnabas

Yes. I am not using iCloud. All photos on my old iMac can be accessed and viewed on my Apple TV. This does not happen with my new iMac. Apple TV does pick up music and TV shows from my new iMac, so that part of sharing works. I just can't get the Photo library to show up on the Apple TV. I don't know if this is an IOS, iTunes or Photos issue. It works with El Capitan 10.11.6; iTunes 12.8.2.3; Photos 1.5. It does not work with my new system which is Mojave 10.14.5; iTunes 12.9.5.5 and Photos 4.0

When I go to iTunes "sharing", I can't select my photo library (as it is greyed out). I can only select specific folders. Very frustrating as it works so well with my old machine..

Share all photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.