You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching Child to Another Family Sharing Account

My daughter's child account is listed under her Mother's family sharing account. I sent an invitation to have the child account transferred to my family sharing account (father). My daughter received the invitation as a text message on her iPad. However, the organizer (Mother) did not receive any notification. Clicking on the invitation on my daughter's iPad does nothing but explain the child can't accept the invitation and the organizer would receive notification of the invite. (This is completely not true.) Another post in Apple Support stated to try looking in the organizer's account under iCloud: view and change family sharing settings, but there was nothing there. Her Mother's account is the only family sharing account she has been associated with.

Does anyone know why the organizer is NOT receiving any notification of the invitation, and know what we can do to make the switch?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2019 2:36 PM

See if anything here helps/clarifies what needs to be done.

Family Sharing -  Transfer a child to a different family group - Apple Support?

Similar questions

1 reply

Switching Child to Another Family Sharing Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.