You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you adjust directions in Apple Maps

How do you adjust the directions that Apple Maps gives you for a particular destination?

If I want to go to Destination X, Apple Maps will give me route A and maybe some alternate routes (B or C). I know that I will want to take a different route completely from A, B, or C to Destination X because I'm planning a trip out in the future where traffic will be different, etc. etc. Is there any way to force Apple Maps to adjust the directions? I can't seem to drag the recommended route to make Apple Maps take me the way I want to go. Do I just add stops instead of trying to drag the route on the map?

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2019 9:41 AM

You can go to settings>maps>driving & navigation> "avoid" highways (turn this on and it should give you different routes)

3 replies

How do you adjust directions in Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.