You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iCloud photos

I have new iPhone and I want to restore my photos in iCloud on my previous iPhone to the new iPhone, how do I go about it pls?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 6:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2019 6:39 PM

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in the previous phone, turn on the same setting (Settings > [username] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos) in the new phone (assuming you are using the same Apple ID for iCloud) and they will automatically sync to it. More details: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on in the old phone but do have an iCloud Backup, use the backup to set up the new phone: Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2019 6:39 PM in response to JudEffah

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in the previous phone, turn on the same setting (Settings > [username] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos) in the new phone (assuming you are using the same Apple ID for iCloud) and they will automatically sync to it. More details: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on in the old phone but do have an iCloud Backup, use the backup to set up the new phone: Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.