You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio cuts out then video fails while streaming - 2018 Macbook Air OS Mojave

When ever I stream a video - so far on Hulu, Netflix, and Youtube - after a few minutes the audio drops out, but the video continues. Refreshing or pausing and restarting causes the video to stop all together and will not start again. Restarting the app or machine allows me to start watching again, but the same thing will happen shortly after.

This previous thread had the same issue - but didn't seem like there was a resolution. Looking for any guidance you all might have!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8466406

I've not tried any fixes yet as the forums i've read suggest none of the usual ones seem to help!

Thanks all

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 7:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2019 9:38 AM

Let's start with a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Does this issue happen regardless of which wireless network your MacBook Air (MBA) is connected to or just on one specific network?
  2. If it is only one network, what is the make & model of your Internet modem and any other networking devices and how are they configured? Do any of your other devices have this same issue?
  3. What is the exact model of your MBA?
  4. Are you using dedicated apps for Hulu, Netflix, & Youtube or using a web browser to access their sites?
  5. Using Speedtest.net from your MBA, what are your DL/UP speeds when connected to your home network?
  6. Try pinging your local network router from your MBA from either Terminal or the Network Utility. What is the average RTT (round-trip time) value your MBA is getting for that connection?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2019 9:38 AM in response to mss2019

Let's start with a few questions if you don't mind:

1. Does this issue happen regardless of which wireless network your MacBook Air (MBA) is connected to or just on one specific network?
  2. If it is only one network, what is the make & model of your Internet modem and any other networking devices and how are they configured? Do any of your other devices have this same issue?
  3. What is the exact model of your MBA?
  4. Are you using dedicated apps for Hulu, Netflix, & Youtube or using a web browser to access their sites?
  5. Using Speedtest.net from your MBA, what are your DL/UP speeds when connected to your home network?
  6. Try pinging your local network router from your MBA from either Terminal or the Network Utility. What is the average RTT (round-trip time) value your MBA is getting for that connection?

Audio cuts out then video fails while streaming - 2018 Macbook Air OS Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.