You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1st Gen Airpods problem.

My left AirPods connection breaks off while in use even though it shows that the charge is available? This happens while my right AirPod is still functioning fine. Sometime as much as 80% charge left in d Left unit? Why is that happening?

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 1:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2019 9:39 AM

You may just be having Bluetooth issues, or there may be a problem with the software version you are on. What I recommend is to completely disconnect the Airpods from the device (whatever that may be) and then setting them up new again. You can do this in settings.

Settings > Bluetooth

Then press the 'i' button next to your Airpods.

Then select Forget This Device

If that doesn't work then take it to Apple, see if they can help you.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2019 9:39 AM in response to Bananahouse

You may just be having Bluetooth issues, or there may be a problem with the software version you are on. What I recommend is to completely disconnect the Airpods from the device (whatever that may be) and then setting them up new again. You can do this in settings.

Settings > Bluetooth

Then press the 'i' button next to your Airpods.

Then select Forget This Device

If that doesn't work then take it to Apple, see if they can help you.

1st Gen Airpods problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.