You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Playlists don't match between iTunes and iPhone, different songs on each device.

Good morning everyone,

I'm having a problem with my smart playlists. Ever since I got Apple Music, I've been able to download a whole bunch of songs and albums. The problem is, on iPhone, some music can get lost and if I think of an artist I have to really search for it. However, if I don't remember I have an artist in my library, I never get around to listening to it. So i discovered smart playlists, and made one that has 100 random songs with 0 plays. Also, with live updating it gets rid of a song i've listened to, and adds more. On iTunes, it works great! The random feature makes sure I don't get entire albums in a row, to keep the playlist.... random, which I really enjoy. On iPhone, however, there is an entirely different set of songs all in alphabetical order. Both playlists follow the same rule, but I want the same songs in the same playlist on both machines. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks,

CAB

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 7:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 10:55 AM

See Play, repeat, and shuffle music - Apple Support to play a list in a random order.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Smart Playlists don't match between iTunes and iPhone, different songs on each device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.