You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 is not Charging

I am trying to charge my magic mouse 2 and since it is not paired, there is no indication it is charging. I tried charging overnight and it didn't pair. I know the cord works because it will charge my keyboard. Was there a special cable for charging the mouse besides the common USB-to-Lightning?

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2019 8:26 AM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2019 6:20 AM in response to musikalmike

So, charging the mouse using a wall outlet seemed to do the trick. After charging for a few hours, I was able to pair it with both my MacBook and iMac. As a best practice, you should not let your mouse completely run out of battery power before charging. I just wish there was a way to charge it and use it at the same time (like you can do with the keyboard).

Magic Mouse 2 is not Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.