You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery percentage increases after cold boot iPhone 7 - okay in Smart battery case.

iPhone 7 approximately two years old running iOS 12.3.1

Always in an Apple Smart Battery case since new.

When case runs out I sometimes use it on the phone battery (outside of the case).

Out of the case the level drops (quite quickly) to around 10% I turn the phone off and back on and the battery level shows 45-50% !

The Battery preference says Maximum Capacity 91% Performance Management has been applied.

So why does the level revert to a higher percentage after a cold boot and is there an app which tells me which apps are using the most battery “right now”?

Is there anything which will tell me how many charge cycles the phone and the battery case have had?

Many thanks

Mike

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 5:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2019 2:45 PM

Hello,

See this:

1) See the section "View battery usage information" in the link below to see the apps that are consuming your battery:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

2) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

3) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2019 2:45 PM in response to small_IT

Hello,

See this:

1) See the section "View battery usage information" in the link below to see the apps that are consuming your battery:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

2) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

3) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

Battery percentage increases after cold boot iPhone 7 - okay in Smart battery case.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.