You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t make new playlist in Music app on iPhone

This has been happening off and on since I got my iPhone 7. When I select to make a ‘new playlist’, either from the main menu or from a track’s page selecting ‘add to playlist’, everything acts normal, then when I hit ‘done’ the playlist isnt there. I can try it 5 times in a row going through all the correct steps and the new playlist simply isnt there.

Then, every once in a while, maybe every 15 tries, it works as it should.

Please help w this

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 2:26 PM

3 replies

Jul 9, 2019 12:15 PM in response to Vancouver22

Yeah, well that worked for about 15 minutes. It's back to doing the same thing of not working 75% of the time.

Maybe I should reset my network settings every 15 minutes? Is that the kind of 'solution' Apple finds acceptable?

Is there some conflict with a third party software I'm using? Or is this an example of the "planned obsolescence" I need to get used to if I want to continue being an Apple user? Which I've been for THIRTY SIX years btw.

Can’t make new playlist in Music app on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.