You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to install microsoft office for my MAC pro version yosemite 10.10.5,but cannot do as it asked for version 10.12..0 or later,what should I do?

I need to install microsoft office for my MAC pro version yosemite 10.10.5,but cannot do as it asked for version 10.12..0 or later,what should I do?

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 5:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 10:05 AM

Check the computer requirements shown in each link to see if your computer is capable of running that OS version.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

How to get macOS High Sierra   

Sierra download

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.        

Application Compatibility

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 21, 2019 10:05 AM in response to happiness77

Check the computer requirements shown in each link to see if your computer is capable of running that OS version.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

How to get macOS High Sierra   

Sierra download

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.        

Application Compatibility

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

Jun 21, 2019 7:19 AM in response to happiness77

I love my 10.10.5 MBP and will never upgrade... that is unless it spontaneously gets engulfed in a ball of fire?!?

With that being said, unsure what your issue is because I am running Office at the moment with zero issues. Make sure you have an install that allows for cross-platform installs - e.g. older versions.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Serial Number]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.