You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Unlock My Iphone7 Which Has A Faulty Homebutton After Backup Restoration

Hi, can anyone assist me unlock my iphone7 that has a broken homebutton after backup restoration? Being using homescreen button to navigate my way around but after I completed restoration via Itunes my phone restart & asking me to ' Press home to upgrade ' but the problem is my home button isn't working.

iPhone 7, 12

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 4:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 4:23 PM

You are going to have to make a Genius Bar appointment and bring the device to Apple to get it fixed. The home button is needed for multiple tasks, and as you have discovered, the one to make your device work again.

8 replies

Jun 22, 2019 4:33 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Ok thanks for the help, everything was working fine until I had a screen replacement. The original screen that the Iphone7 came with got damaged. I was told by technicians that is the problem you encounter after you get a screen replacement for such iphone models & nothing can be done about it because the original screen was designed together with the homebutton to enable touch ID?

Jun 22, 2019 4:53 PM in response to afrogem

the original screen was designed together with the homebutton to enable touch ID?

Not accurate.,

The 7 does not have a mechanical button. It has a capacitive button.

It was an Apple certified technician

Doubtful based on the results. Apple would never advocate a partial repair.

There are hundreds of posts here where the Home Button did not work after a screen repair due to improper parts or labor.

Jun 23, 2019 10:25 AM in response to afrogem

While it may have been an Apple trained tech, was the place you took it to an Authorized Apple Service center? An authorized service center would not have made that statement and then had you leave with a phone that would not have been covered by a service warranty. Like I said earlier, and someone else has already mentioned, Apple may not service that phone any longer, and you would be better off replacing the device.

Can't Unlock My Iphone7 Which Has A Faulty Homebutton After Backup Restoration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.