You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging previously purchased music with 2 different apple id’s

I spoke with a tech support person this morning and told him I wanted to get back the apple music purchases I lost when I changed my Apple ID ... without losing anything from my new account. In other words, I want to merge all my music onto my new iPhone. He said he would send me a link explaining how to do that and the link does not explain it. When I tried to sign out from my new Apple ID, it said I would lose all my stuff on this phone. How can I merge previous purchases onto my new iPhone without losing anything? Please help

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 9:03 AM

I think there must have been some confusion between you and the Apple Support person. You can't merge Apple IDs. You can't transfer purchases from one Apple ID to another.

Generally, you shouldn't are creating new Apple IDs. When you change email addresses, you should update the current ID. However, that mistake seems to have already been made. Your option now is to use Family Sharing to access both sets of purchases. This assumes that you have access to the old Apple ID. Note: the email address you use as an Apple ID doesn't still have to be active.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 30, 2019 9:03 AM in response to Isis_tee

I think there must have been some confusion between you and the Apple Support person. You can't merge Apple IDs. You can't transfer purchases from one Apple ID to another.

Generally, you shouldn't are creating new Apple IDs. When you change email addresses, you should update the current ID. However, that mistake seems to have already been made. Your option now is to use Family Sharing to access both sets of purchases. This assumes that you have access to the old Apple ID. Note: the email address you use as an Apple ID doesn't still have to be active.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Merging previously purchased music with 2 different apple id’s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.