You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uninterupted Power Supplies

I read that UPS, or uninterupted power supplies recommended for iMacs, whatever. Anybody recommend UPS for personal use at home? I might buy iMac Pro, or “less expensive” iMac for myself. I see some UPS on Amazon, but I really don’t know.🤫

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 11:59 AM

I've had good experiences with APC:

https://www.apc.com/us/en/

You don't need a very large battery, unless you want it to stay on for a long time during a power outage. If you just want one for protection you can get one for well under $100.

10 replies

Jun 30, 2019 2:19 PM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Thanks for replies. Honestly, very seldom have power failures in my location. Also, not really have run computers during power failure. But I read in Apple Community forums about somebody got their iMac fried because lightning strike at home, etc. A UPS, instead of ordinary surge protector will protect devices better. Don’t know considering $$$$ iMac, or iMac Pro, with no protection.😳

Uninterupted Power Supplies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.