You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad screentime password

I've forgotten the screentime password I put on my child's iPad. Is there a way to reset?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 7:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 7:51 AM

If you are using Family Sharing to manage your child's device's screen time options, you can reset the passcode from your own device

See here:Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2019 7:51 AM in response to jdkempf

If you are using Family Sharing to manage your child's device's screen time options, you can reset the passcode from your own device

See here:Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

Jul 1, 2019 7:49 AM in response to jdkempf

You will need erase their iPad, by following the directions in this link EXACTLY: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Please Note: You cannot restore the device from backup as the passcode for Screen Time is contained in the backup and if you do, you'll put yourself right back where you are.

Once you've gone this not fun process, write the code down somewhere for safe keeping.

iPad screentime password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.