You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t see notifications for new messages

Why can’t see notifications for new messages until I open the aplication? Then I can see unread messages.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 11:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:20 AM

Hello irena225,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to see new notifications on the lock screen for the Messages app, but you can see new messages if you open the app on your iPhone. To help with this, please restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then go to Settings > Notifications > Show Previews and make sure this is set to "Always" and check notifications settings for the Messages app specifically.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2019 8:20 AM in response to irena225

Hello irena225,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to see new notifications on the lock screen for the Messages app, but you can see new messages if you open the app on your iPhone. To help with this, please restart your device as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then go to Settings > Notifications > Show Previews and make sure this is set to "Always" and check notifications settings for the Messages app specifically.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Cheers!

Can’t see notifications for new messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.