You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock on my iPhone 6s

I need help I bought an iPhone 6s on Ebay but I found on it an iCloud account that is not mine I need u guys to help me

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 10:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 4:15 AM

You need to return the phone to the seller. That could be a stolen phone and you won't get help from Apple to remove the activation lock. That is the purpose of activation lock.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2019 4:15 AM in response to innocent35

You need to return the phone to the seller. That could be a stolen phone and you won't get help from Apple to remove the activation lock. That is the purpose of activation lock.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Jul 2, 2019 5:23 AM in response to innocent35

If you can contact the seller, you will need to have them log out of iCloud or go to iCloud.com/Find My Phone and erase the device, then remove it from their account. If you can’t do that, the device is useless. Apple will not unlock it unless you have a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it.

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone 

Activation lock on my iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.