You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Siri back?

I was so sure I'd never use Siri that I eradicated it from my 7+. Don't recall how. How do I get it back? iOS upgrades haven't done it. Thanks.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 8:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 9:40 AM

Siri can't be "eradicated", i.e. deleted, it can only be disabled, as it's built into iOS, and not a 3rd party app.

How to enable and disable Siri in the Settings app

iOS will typically ask you if you want to enable Siri when you first set up your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini. If Siri isn't

already activated, you can turn it on at any time in Settings. The same goes for disabling it.

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Scroll down and tap Siri & Search.
  3. Tap the switch next to **Listen for "Hey Siri" to enable Hey Siri.
  4. Tap the switch next to Press Home for Siri to enable Home button access to Siri.
  5. Tap the switch next to Allow Siri When Locked to be able to access Siri when your iPhone or iPad is locked.

How to set up, secure, and start using Siri on iPhone and iPad - iMore

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2019 9:40 AM in response to Owen5819

Siri can't be "eradicated", i.e. deleted, it can only be disabled, as it's built into iOS, and not a 3rd party app.

How to enable and disable Siri in the Settings app

iOS will typically ask you if you want to enable Siri when you first set up your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or iPad mini. If Siri isn't

already activated, you can turn it on at any time in Settings. The same goes for disabling it.

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Scroll down and tap Siri & Search.
  3. Tap the switch next to **Listen for "Hey Siri" to enable Hey Siri.
  4. Tap the switch next to Press Home for Siri to enable Home button access to Siri.
  5. Tap the switch next to Allow Siri When Locked to be able to access Siri when your iPhone or iPad is locked.

How to set up, secure, and start using Siri on iPhone and iPad - iMore

How do I get Siri back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.