You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my iPhone repaired or replaced by warranty if I purchased it in US but I don't live there anymore?

My iPhone XR warranty is valid til October and the screen does not work. I live in Ukraine now and won't be able to travel to US to replace it in closest months, and local authorized Apple services refuse to deal with it cause "this phone was not designed for Ukrainian market" (god only knows what does that mean). All my tries to contact Apple support by various possibilities from apple.com end up with "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please try again or come back later." for days and days and days. What do I do? Thanks a lot in advance.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 10:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 1:20 PM

Only the device itself is needed. Receipt, invoice or other paper work is not required.

Apple can identify the warranty status by the iPhone's serial number. You may want to provide that in an email to the person taking it in to be repaired just in case.

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 3, 2019 10:53 AM in response to KaterynaBabkina

You won't be able to get it fixed in the Ukraine. Apple is very explicit about Warranty. It can and many times is restricted outside of the country purchase.

This is due to differences between models meant for the U.S and other countries. There's no way for Apple Ukraine to replace your american phone with an identical model and no way to guarantee it will work correctly with your carrier there or in the U.S when you return.

You'll need to find a way to ship it to the U.S. and have someone physically take it into an Apple store for warranty service. Apple does not take international shipments for service.

See here for details: Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD, APPLE TV and HOMEPOD SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and HomePod to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Jul 3, 2019 11:57 PM in response to KaterynaBabkina

Have you been to this link? — Get support

Now, I see that Ukraine only has "Authorized Resellers". It is not uncommon for "Authorized Resellers" to pretend that AppleCare / AppleCare+ isn't available. If you have your purchase invoice, make a copy, or print it from your email. Take the iPhone to an Apple "Authorized Reseller" and tell them, "My iPhone is covered by AppleCare (within 12 months of purchase), or if you purchased AppleCare+ (within 2 years of purchase), and they are obligated to fix your problem.

You should still go to the "Get support" link above, and get a reference number for your support query. Print that out and take it to the "Authorized Reseller". If you can, record what they say to you by video or audio.

In my experience, as soon as someone is informed and knows their entitlements, any Apple "Authorized Reseller" will have to comply. If they don't, go back to the "Get support" link above and inform them that an Apple "Authorized Reseller" refuses to handle and AppleCare repair.

I hope this helps. Please post here with information about what happens.

Kirk

Jul 4, 2019 8:34 AM in response to splurben

splurben wrote:

In my experience, as soon as someone is informed and knows their entitlements, any Apple "Authorized Reseller" will have to comply. If they don't, go back to the "Get support" link above and inform them that an Apple "Authorized Reseller" refuses to handle and AppleCare repair.

Neither Apple Care+ nor the normal Warranty is valid internationally. Service was denied because the phone was bought in the U.S, and warranty and Apple Care would only be valid in the U.S in that case. This was not a case of the Authorized reseller arbitrarily denying service. But because they honestly cannot provide service given the circumstances.

The Authorized resellers are perfectly within their rights to deny service on a U.S phone in Ukraine.

Knowing their rights will not change this, in fact knowing their rights also means understanding where the warranty is valid, and what can be done. Apple is very clear about it.

How do I get my iPhone repaired or replaced by warranty if I purchased it in US but I don't live there anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.