You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

car radio overrides my bluetooth choice on iPhone

Hi. I use bluetooth connection for handsfree communication in my car. I also connect a bluetooth headset for use when outside my car. What happens is that when I call, or recieve a call, I choose by which means I want to speak. I touch my ear to use headset, I pick up my phone and answer directly or touch car radio. However, the radio is dominant and overrides me if I choose to call, or respond, directly or by headset. The moment I get connected with the other caller, the radio takes over and I have to manually open speaker options an choose again. Very annoying!

Deleting the radio bluetooth connection is not an option, as I also stream music and podcasts.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? My software is updated and I have tested various devices, both v.4 and v.5 always with the same result.

Looking forward to any respons.

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 6:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 11:18 AM

Talk to your car dealer and see if there is a setting you can change to not have the head unit as the default device.

Similar questions

1 reply

car radio overrides my bluetooth choice on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.