You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes stopped wothing on win 7 cpu

Since the last update from iTunes when new version installed it removed iTunes 64bit and then refused to work. I have a old win 7 cpu I built w/ 8gigs of ram, a intel quad proc. The cpu might not be the fastest one but it still works. I have dumped everything in the cpu related to iTunes and everytime I attempt to load a new version (also tried old versions) the install almost finishes and then gives me a error message. The message is enclosed in this draft. Any help would be great because I have a new Lenova that has a ton of ram, but I DETEST Win 10 and have not had a chance to put Linux on it, not that it is going to help my iTunes problem.

Sincerely,

Warren

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 2:08 PM

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community, in particular the bullet points.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community if you still need to reinstall iTunes.

tt2

4 replies

iTunes stopped wothing on win 7 cpu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.