You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I increase the bluetooth signal on an apple iPhone 7?

I am using a bluetooth receiver to play music from my apple music subscription through my older, traditional A/V audio system. I am finding that the bluetooth signal from my iPhone 7 is not strong enough to have the volume that I want from my Yamaha R-S300 audio receiver system with 4 Klipsch speakers, two floor standing, and two bookshelf. I would like to improve on the bluetooth signal to make the sound stronger and more audible. The bluetooth receiver is a good one with it's own "Wolfson" DAC. Is there any adjustment I can make on the iPhone to make the bluetooth signal stronger? Or maybe a change in the setup to accommodate the large size of the stereo system?

Any suggestion are very much appreciated.

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 10, 2019 4:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 1:29 PM

Bluetooth and WiFi radio outputs are regulated so Apple devices cannot output more than they are certified to do so. I think the max permitted power is only 100mW or thereabouts. Make sure the connected device is close to the stereo for optimal connection. And eliminate any other interference that is with 25-30 ft as that can degrade the signal too (so anything else that’s wireless and in the ~2.4Ghz range).

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2019 1:29 PM in response to karlssongunvor

Bluetooth and WiFi radio outputs are regulated so Apple devices cannot output more than they are certified to do so. I think the max permitted power is only 100mW or thereabouts. Make sure the connected device is close to the stereo for optimal connection. And eliminate any other interference that is with 25-30 ft as that can degrade the signal too (so anything else that’s wireless and in the ~2.4Ghz range).

Can I increase the bluetooth signal on an apple iPhone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.