You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone fell to the water

My phone fell down to water and completely dead. Can me apple store restore everything to the new phone

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 2:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2019 4:25 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215

7 replies

Jul 12, 2019 6:35 PM in response to DianaShvets

Expanding on the excellent reply from sixx8. You data is on the device and it is possible that it may be recovered. Liquid damage is an awful experience to go through. My best advice would be to keep your device powered off and start doing research on reputable data recovery services that specialize in iPhone repair and data recovery. These services can run from a a few hundred to several thousand dollars. The ultimate choice is to define what the data on your device is worth. For me, pictures of my Grandparents who passed away were worth the couple hundred I spent. I hope you are able to retrieve the data!

Jul 12, 2019 8:51 PM in response to DianaShvets

DianaShvets wrote:

I don't know if I back up or no my phone . How I will find

There's a chance that you automatically backed up to iCloud, although the amount of data there is limited unless you pay a monthly fee.

And yes it's possible to get your phone repaired to the point where the data can be extracted to install on a new iPhone. However, if you go this option you're basically committing yourself to the data only. It would be considered unauthorized repair to Apple, and they likely won't touch it. Such repairs after water damage aren't typically long-term fixes. You would need to research who can do this type of repair in your area. A reputable repair place will tell you that they only do it to get it working long enough to recover data.

phone fell to the water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.