You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is the only application that will not sync on my IPAD

I have turned Safari on and off in my iCloud settings on my iPad several times and waiting several minutes for the bookmarks to sync and they never sync. I make changes in my calendars, notes and reminders and they sync immediately. I make changes in my Safari bookmarks on my iMac and the changes sync with my iPhone but not the iPad. I have made changes to my Safari bookmarks on my iPhone and the bookmarks up date on my iMac but not the iPad. My name is the same on all devices. I even updated my name with my middle name and my iPhone and iPad updated immediately. I have also turned off Safari and back on in my iMac and the iPhone sync but the iPad will not. I have even signed off and back on all devices, the iPad will not sync the bookmarks from the iCloud.

I'm totally lost on what to do, PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!!!

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2019 8:40 AM

See if deleting the current data on the iPad helps.

Try double clicking the Home button and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2019 8:40 AM in response to Robman669

See if deleting the current data on the iPad helps.

Try double clicking the Home button and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test.

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Jul 13, 2019 12:43 PM in response to Eric Root

I only have one Wifi connection. The iPhone is using the same wifi and it works and updates the iMac when I make changes on the iPhone, just not the iPad. I even have my iPad and iPhone connected to my iMac with iTunes. I know that when I turn Safari back on in my iCloud settings on my iPad, it will display a message turning off the Safari data, which is strange, because I moved the button to green. Is there an internal setting that could be corrupt?

Safari is the only application that will not sync on my IPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.