You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabling password sharing

I occasionally use the password sharing feature between iPhone to my macbook, but there's a glitch in the service that means my phone asks to share the password every time I unlock my phone. I've tried restarting it, sharing, not sharing, forgetting the network on my laptop. The wifi it shares is back at my parent's home which neither device is connected to currently so it shouldn't even ask to share the password.

Thanks for any help xx

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2019 7:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 1:22 PM

Hello heeneya,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you want to disable iCloud Keychain. I’m happy to help with that.

On your iOS device, go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Keychain and tap Keychain and toggle off. You will be asked if you want to keep or delete passwords. If you don’t want to delete the passwords, then tap Keep.

On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud. Tap on the box next to Keychain to disable.

Here’s more information about iCloud Keychain: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

If you need additional help, please contact Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2019 1:22 PM in response to heeneya

Hello heeneya,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you want to disable iCloud Keychain. I’m happy to help with that.

On your iOS device, go to Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Keychain and tap Keychain and toggle off. You will be asked if you want to keep or delete passwords. If you don’t want to delete the passwords, then tap Keep.

On your Mac, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences > iCloud. Tap on the box next to Keychain to disable.

Here’s more information about iCloud Keychain: Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

If you need additional help, please contact Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Disabling password sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.