You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue signing into iTunes (Macbook Air 13-inch, Early 2014)

Hello,

I have been having an issue when attempting to sign into my iTunes account on my laptop. After entering the iTunes application, I attempt to sign into my account by accessing the "Account" option at the top of the screen. Upon entering the proper credentials into the sign in, the sign in window disappears as if I had been properly signed in, however, my Apple Music remains invisible and the option to "Sign in" still appears under the "Accounts" section on the top of the screen. All that is visible in my iTunes application is music that I have added from my computer. I am unable to access the iTunes store, and the "Browse" and "Radio" sections simply show the words "Apple Music." I have attempted to reset the computer and sign in numerous times, and have ensured that my internet connection is strong and my software up to date (Mojave 10.14.5). I have never previously had any issues with iTunes.

Help would be much appreciated, Thank you.

Below I have attached a screenshot of the screen following signing in.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 6:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2019 12:02 PM

Hello Pahchey,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sign into your Apple ID in iTunes on your Mac, as you sign in but you're not able to access Apple Music and you still see the sign in option in iTunes. To help isolate this, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Next, you can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2019 12:02 PM in response to Pahchey

Hello Pahchey,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to sign into your Apple ID in iTunes on your Mac, as you sign in but you're not able to access Apple Music and you still see the sign in option in iTunes. To help isolate this, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Next, you can figure out if unexpected behavior is related to a user file or setting by trying to reproduce the issue from another user account. This process includes creating a new user account, logging in to it, and testing for the issue.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Cheers!

Issue signing into iTunes (Macbook Air 13-inch, Early 2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.