You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

32-bit compatabity - LogMeinRescue app

After reading the message on restating MacBook Pro regarding future 32-bit compatibility I followed instructions to see what apps identified. The LogMeinRescue concerned me and wanted to uninstall but cannot find in the list of applications. It may have been from a legit troubleshooting call a few months ago, but want to remove. How do I find and remove this?

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2019 8:51 AM

keithwi wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I realize it is still supported and my concern is if it was not added intentionally and a potential security threat. Since I cannot find it to remove, my question is why not and how do I find and remove the app.

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/faq/how-do-i-uninstall-logmein-for-mac-000055172

FAQ

How do I uninstall LogMeIn for Mac?

Answer

1. On the Finder menu bar of your desktop, click Go > Applications.
  2. Double-click LogMeIn Control Panel. The LogMeIn toolkit is displayed.
  3. On the About tab, click Uninstall.
  4. Click Yes. Uninstallation of LogMeIn begins.

A reboot is recommended, but not required.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 20, 2019 8:51 AM in response to keithwi

keithwi wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I realize it is still supported and my concern is if it was not added intentionally and a potential security threat. Since I cannot find it to remove, my question is why not and how do I find and remove the app.

https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/faq/how-do-i-uninstall-logmein-for-mac-000055172

FAQ

How do I uninstall LogMeIn for Mac?

Answer

1. On the Finder menu bar of your desktop, click Go > Applications.
  2. Double-click LogMeIn Control Panel. The LogMeIn toolkit is displayed.
  3. On the About tab, click Uninstall.
  4. Click Yes. Uninstallation of LogMeIn begins.

A reboot is recommended, but not required.

32-bit compatabity - LogMeinRescue app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.