You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an issue with an app on my iPhone I think is corrupted.

I have this issue with an app on my phone where I tried downloading it but, while downloading it went strange due to my full storage, I removed some photos that were clogging up my storage but when I went to download the app it had already downloaded but was a white icon with lines, i then proceeded to view my storage in settings but it is nowhere to be seen. (This is what it looks like and the app doesn’t appear in my storage.) I went to the App Store to see if I could download it because it wasn’t in my storage in settings but it says it was already downloaded? Every time I attempt to open the app it crashes within seconds, does anyone have a fix for me or advice? I really don’t want to have to completely restart my iPhone.

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 10:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 12:19 PM

The icon with the white field and black lines, indicates that the app did not download completely for whatever reason. See if the tips in the following article help resolve the issue.

If you can’t download or update apps, or if apps get stuck - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

I have an issue with an app on my iPhone I think is corrupted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.