You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile Data setting switch, won’t stay in the ‘ON’ position for some of my apps

When I go into the mobile data settings, swipe right so the mobile data turns on for the app, exit the settings, go back to the settings, the mobile data for that app has turned off by itself. I tried to uninstall apps, reboot the ipad, turning airplane mode on and off, and turning mobile data off and on, but nothing seems to work.

Mobile data is working - just not with certain apps. The toggle switch just won’t stay in the kn position. Please help me fix this problem.

p.s. This only happens with some apps - ones that I have turned mobile data on/off before - e.g. Netflix, Google Maps, etc.

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 12:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2019 6:55 AM

Hello,

Please verify that you are running the latest system software for your iPad. Settings -> General -> Software Update

1 reply

Mobile Data setting switch, won’t stay in the ‘ON’ position for some of my apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.