You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Once iOS 13 arrives, am I still able to get the app updates on my apps on my iOS 12 iPhone?

I have an Apple device and sadly... iOS 12 is going to be its last iOS update. Once iOS 13 arrives, am I still able to get the app updates to get the new features on my apps such as YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPod Touch (6th Gen)

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2019 1:58 PM

isaiah3618 wrote:

I have an Apple device and sadly... iOS 12 is going to be its last iOS update. Once iOS 13 arrives, am I still able to get the app updates to get the new features on my apps such as YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, etc?

That is 100% under control of the app developer or distributor. Most app developers will maintain compatibility back at least a couple of generations. I'm reasonably sure that the apps you have mentioned specifically will, as they currently support iOS 10 or later.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2019 1:58 PM in response to isaiah3618

isaiah3618 wrote:

That is 100% under control of the app developer or distributor. Most app developers will maintain compatibility back at least a couple of generations. I'm reasonably sure that the apps you have mentioned specifically will, as they currently support iOS 10 or later.

Once iOS 13 arrives, am I still able to get the app updates on my apps on my iOS 12 iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.