You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I move a file from TimeMachine backup to a different computer

I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro == I have a TimeMachine backup of the iMac and need data off it == it went to the shop the other day and I need a few docs that I know are there -- how do I do that? the TM backup is on an external drive == I don't want to overwrite my MBP == I only want the few files that are in TM from the past day or two.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 9:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
3 replies

Jul 27, 2019 12:00 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Great news Victoria, thanks. :)

Don't take any guff from people that tell you to just google it, for instance if I google from a Mac that I've googled a million+ times on it gives way better answers if I google on a Mac that I never did before... there also seems to be some kind of art to it I don't quite understand, like change the order of one word & get more relevant results.

Strange thing on this one was I searched your exact title!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.