You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change my apple id on my ipad

I recently had my Apple ID changed on my iphone and i want to change the ID on my ipad so the two devices can sync. How do I do this?

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2019 2:40 PM

Is it a new ID or a name change of an existing ID that you were using on both devices. Use the article below as a guide of where to sign out of the current ID. Then sign into the same places with the phone ID.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

5 replies

Jul 29, 2019 5:15 PM in response to Eric Root

I used Apple ITunes on my pc in an attempt to get my iPad to allow me to change the Apple ID to match my iPhone Apple ID. Now my iPad is back to the manufacturer’s state! It says I have to enter the password for my original iCloud ID. I have tried every password I can recall and none match! I’m at a stand still and wonder if I need to go to Apple store!

change my apple id on my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.